Haden News has moved! I was not able to load pictures :(
Please follow me at:
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Monday, December 17, 2012
We started a new tradition at our house this weekend. Weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's building a Gingerbread House! I used a kit from Williams Sonoma which made it very easy, since Haden is only 22 months old. But he did a great job! I did have to work fast...so I would have some candy left to decorate with.
Posted by Haden News at 11:08 AM
Monday, August 27, 2012
Grilled Hot Wings
- 1 cup Hot Pepper Sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 cup Sriracha Sauce
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- In a large bowl or zippered plastic bag, stir together the first four ingredients. Add the wings and stir and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover or seal the bag and let marinate in the fridge, stirring or turning the bag once or twice, for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to high. Rube the grill rack with oil.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and discard the marinade. Cook the wings turning every few minutes for even color, until opaque throughout, 10-15 minutes.
Posted by Haden News at 10:58 AM
Friday, August 17, 2012
Pulse 1/2 cup kosher salt and 1/2 cup packed basil leaves in a food processor; then spread on a baking sheet and bake at 225 until dry ~ 30 to 40 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Let cool and pulse again to make a fine powder.
Posted by Haden News at 7:26 AM
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Posted by Haden News at 8:11 AM
Sunday, May 27, 2012
When ready to grill, heat a gas grill igniting all burners on high for a least 10 minutes. Open beer, pour off 1/3 of it (enjoy that little sip). Set chicken on top of beer can. Turn off one of the burners on grill and place chicken on the turned off portion of grill. Cover and cook (maintaining a temperature of 400 degrees. Grill for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
Beer Can Chicken with Lemon and Italian Seasoning
- 1 whole small chicken (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons each: ground black pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 can dark beer, such as stout or ale
Posted by Haden News at 6:52 AM
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
This is a really yummy cookie!
The recipes real name was "I Want to Marry You Cookies". The cookies are said to be the surefire way to get someone to fall in love with you :-) I changed the name because I baked them and put them in the freezer to take to my nieces graduation from Indiana University next week! We will be driving about 11 hours....so I have to take things that will travel!!
The recipe is really different from any cookie I have made; instead of creaming the butter and sugar, you melt the butter and then stir in the sugar. Everything is mixed in saucepan making clean up very easy!
I think they will be a great addition to our fun weekend celebrating her graduation!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted.
Remove from the heat.
Add the dark brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth.
Chill the mixture for 10 minutes.
Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
Add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
Stir in the white chocolate chips and chocolate chips.
Scoop 24 medium-size balls and place on cookie sheet.
Chill for at least 30 minutes,
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Enjoy and CELEBRATE!!!