Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shrimp with Tomato Cream Sauce


I love this dish, it's easy yet special enough for company!


Serves 4.

1/2 pound penne pasta (cooked)

1/2 pound large shrimp

1 tablespoon butter

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 small onion, finely chopped

1 garlic clove, finely chopped

1/4 cup dry white wine

8 oz. tomato sauce

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/8 cup finely chopped parsley

1 teaspoon basil leaves


Saute shrimp in 1/2 of the butter and olive oil. Remove the shrimp to a plate.

In skillet over medium heat saute onion and garlic with the remaining butter and olive oil, add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Next add the tomato sauce and heavy cream; stir to combine all. Next add the shrimp, parsley, basil, and cooked pasta!


Enjoy with your favorite salad and French bread!
Thank you to Michael at Designs by Gollum for hosting another Foodie Friday. It's a great place to go find great recipes and inspiration!

7 comments:

  1. I love shrimp and pasta and your recipe sounds wonderful and probably very close to a restaurant recipe that I love. I think they add a smidge of vodka also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp.......yum. Your recipe sounds wonderful. Great picture, looks so inviting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra, this sounds absolutely delicious. It's a perfect recipe for Foodie Friday. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE!!! pasta and with shrimp even BETTER!!!
    Come by and visit so you can enter my GREAT!!! giveaway.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a dish that we would really enjoy. I will be making this one soon. It is perfect for a cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haden, Thanks for visiting. Your dish definitely looks company worthy! I am eating from my freezer and I have 3 lbs of shrimp in there. I am going to make this next week. I'll post this on my Menu Plan monday. I'll link to this post! I can't wait to make this very yummy dinner. I am having company on Wed. so I'll make it then.
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Signature